CUMBRIA MAG COMMITTEE MEETING

Thursday 15th September

 

PRESENT:   Paul T, Brian H, Chris K, Jan B, Anne C, Mike B, Caroline H.

 

APPOLOGIES: 

 

Opened:  8.10pm

 

Minutes of Last meeting:  All agreed

 

Appointments & Resignations:  None

 

 

Matters Arising: 

 

Road Safety Day was excellent, although we didn’t sell any products.  Next year need to go purely for an information only pitch.  Looks like it will be held earlier next year as it clashed with so many things.  Get more bikes there to show off.  Promote memberships. Paul will check to see if you still get £5 back if you join by standing order.

 

Streetbiker Distribution:  Is going to be turned into a A5 Glossy magazine which will be sold in shop. £2.75 retail £1.00 to newsagents and the £1.75 into local account.  We will have to source places that will sell it, Paul already making contacts.  Members and affiliates will still get it for free. 

 

Articles for Streetbiker:  Our recent article sent in and will try to get something in every issue, would like something from Furness.

 

First Aid Courses:  W’ven had our free talk from paramedic guy, really good.  There are still £50 specialist biker orientated courses available from various groups, one of which will be held locally.  Mark B is getting details and will pass on when date sorted.

 

Affiliated Clubs:  Drop off Nationally.  We have a new Affiliated Clubs Officer (Fergy).  We really do need someone to start and make contact with all the clubs in our area and push.  Looks like it might have to fall back to local reps.  Will see what happens at AGM.

 

Cumbria Account is all sorted, up and running.

 

Political & Campaigns:

 

Whitehaven actively sending letters on current campaigns. 

 

Questions to reps n officers:   None

 

Regional Report:

 

Reps training courses soon available, anyone interested? No.

Paul looking for a sub to attend NC’s that he can’t make, anyone interested?  Brian said yes…. Hurrah!

Regional accounts:  Regional reps will have to send in a report every month on what money is being held in groups.

Cumbria membership overall has increased. 

 

Reports from Local Groups:

 

Whitehaven Report:

 

We’ve done stall at carnival  £128 plus £50 donaiton for marshalling, bbq £65 will maybe re-think date for this next year.  Doing crab fair this weekend.  Been politically busy.  11th December two tin charity run and Whitehaven Christmas dinner on Mon 5th Dec.

 

Furness Report:

 

Piel party this weekend and all ready for AGM.

Planning Chrismas Party 3rd Dec – Fancy Dress (as anything really) £20 for  B&B, Jan requires a £10 deposit per person, get names and deposit to her asap .

 

Dealer Liason: (Mike W’ven local)

 

Up to date with folk.  Going to Knox to see if they’ll take membership forms and discount?

 

Any other business:

 

Website: 

 

Bri says the Furness site needs sorted…… really out of date, Chris will speak to Dave Y.

Regional Campaigns page:  Paul and Anne will send in some letters

Stolen Bikes Page:  keep them on for 6 months

Needs pic of Furness patch to put on products page and spares to sell to Caroline

Reviews:  would like more input from Furness so its not all w’ven.

Paul will update his page.

Many more hits since changed to .co.uk at least 100 hits a week

Have dropped .com

W’ven are recommended to get off  current supplier and when comes to renew .co.uk

Bri will talk to Craig

 

Paul would like to see Brian as an official member of committee and will propose at AGM.

 

NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON   -  Thursday 24th November at The Café 8pm

 

Meeting closed:  9.30pm

 

 

BACK