CUMBRIA MAG COMMITTEE MEETING

Tue 11th July 2006

 

PRESENT: Ian, Mike, Rach, Paul, Cal, Raj, Chris, Jan, Stan, Anne.

 

APPOLOGIES:  Andy B, Brian, and Dave Y have sent appologies

 

Opened:  8.30pm

 

Minutes of Last meeting:  Paul read through – all agreed.

 

Appointments & Resignations:

 

Paul has changed his mind and has decided he will stand as Regional Rep at the next AGM although he won’t be able to attend too many AGC’s.

 

Matters Arising: 

 

Hartside Shockboard:  Still on going

Devils Shockboard: Kevin McGough still working on shock boards. Will assess a date for going down to promote MAG after the Road Safe Day. Although it is outside our are if we’re looking to increase members.

August 12th:  Night meet at Hartside

Road Safety Day Sunday 23rd July:  Get as many volunteers and bikes up there as poss. Paul organising stand with info, products etc, but we need to get up there and work on recruiting.

 

Political & Campaigns:

 

Third Driving License Directive:  Still ongoing – Brum demo etc though we only got short notice about it being MAG’s National Demo. Didn’t really get as good a press coverage as hoped for.  But we ain’t letting it drop.

 

Regional Report:  Lots of internal discussions taking place re increasing membership fees, but not looking likely.  Re: what were doing with the money being made on e bike etc…  are we making as much as we should. 

 

Questions to reps n officers:   Stan enquired about where money should be going, foundation or fighting fund?  Answer:  Fighting fund because the foundation is healthy, unless collected under foundation charity banner.

 

Reports from Local Groups:    Reports were received from:

 

Furness:  Nothing to report

 

Whitehaven:  Two BH Runs which both went well.  Pink do went well. Carnival not so good this year, but we’re blaming the football.  Treasure Hunt on Sun 30th July 11.30am at The Lowther Arms.  4.00 inc soup and sarni’s 100 miles.  Doing Crab Fair again.  AGM on 17th Sept in Catholic Club Egremont.  Asked to do Torch light again too. Will be sending some money in to central soon. The Roadburners have affiliated and asked Anne to go do a talk.

 

Any other business:  No

 

NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON  -  AGM    

 

Meeting closed:  9pm

 

 

BACK