CUMBRIA MAG COMMITTEE MEETING

Wed 1st August 2007

 

PRESENT: Anne, Raj, Cal, Paul, Mike, Chris, Jan, Stan.

 

APPOLOGIES:  None Received

 

Late arrivals:  Dave

 

Opened:  7.30pm

 

Minutes of Last meeting:  Anne read through – all agreed.

 

Matters Arising: 

 

Cumbria AGM – Whitehaven will host this year instead of Furness as they’re struggling to find a venue.  Anne will try to get the Catholic Club for Sunday 16th September 2pm, once confirmed Paul will see if Central will do a mail shot for us as we’re too late to advertise in The Road.

 

Political & Campaigns:

 

New Campaigns manager seems worth his salt so we’re on board to renew his contract.

 

Regional Report:

 

MAG Website (UK) very poor at the mo, a firm took on to help with MAG’s image but due to different computer languages its gone to pot.  So, gone to a different company to help get it sorted, so should be looking better soon. Oh and we’ve got a new logo.

 

Questions to reps n officers: No

 

Reports from Local Groups:    Reports were received from:

 

Furness:

 

Report from Stan to say they’re moving their meetings to the harbour (opposite morrisons) Paul will send into Mutchie 3rd Tue in the month and Dave will update website.  Their AGM is due in October.  Hopefully Piel will be on next year, they’ve nominated a landlord and have a big budget for refurbishment.  Cons Club is penciled in for a Christmas do, get a couple of local bands in.

 

 

 

 

 

Whitehaven: 

 

Representatives from Whitehaven MAG have been attending crash meetings and have been studying the cause of high motorcycle accidents and them main cause being car drivers.  As a result a member of Cumbria Constabulary has been assigned to deal with the cause/raise awareness.

 

Christmas run was extremely wet and windy, but a decent turn out considering.  Xmas meal was nice.  Easter Egg Run was great success but we received our first complaint which we are addressing via crash meetings.  We marshalled the Carnival, Pink do was success though down on numbers a little, Terry’s ride out was great, Treasure Hunt last weekend was spot on….  Road Safe Day got a few members.  Sept crab fair weekend and AGM still to come.

 

 

Any other business: 

 

Guest from Millom Bike Group:  Abs member of this club approached us on the matter of diesel spills through whicham valley and surrounding area if we’d be prepared to help do an awareness run to bring attention to the problem.  Abs has drafted up a map of the areas which he has noticed problems with bad road surfaces and spills (near the quarry on the road to Millom) and diesel at the entrance to the valley. He will email us the map. We’ve provided him with a telephone number for local council to report the roads and will get literature to send to the quarry and local farmers to bring awareness to the problems its causing.  Anne will contact Broughton Supplies to see if they’ll help us with literature going out to local farmers.  There’s always the option of the environment agency too! 

 

NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON  -  AGM   

 

Meeting closed:  8.30pm

 

BACK