CUMBRIA MAG COMMITTEE MEETING

WEDNESDAY 10TH SEPTEMBER

 

PRESENT:  Caroline, Paul T, Terry, Brian, Mike, Anne and Chris

 

APPOLOGIES:  Claire and Paul

 

Opened:  8.00pm

 

Minutes of Last meeting:  All agreed

 

Appointments & Resignations:

 

Brian received an email from Claire who has expressed a desire to stand down, as secretary for the county, yet is happy to continue as Treasurer.

 

Matters Arising: 

 

Terry’s sorted out the plaque for Rajeev

 

Political & Campaigns:

 

Diesel stickers all distributed and we have none left, campaign a success!

 

Theft surveys all to be handed in by 15th September.

 

EVSC should be still ongoing – continue to collect signatures.

 

Brian enquiring about bike parking at St Bees and West Cumberland Hospital.

 

Bikesafe:  MAG continues to push

 

Questions to reps n officers:

 

None submitted

 

Terry asked to define public liability requirements for organized run outs:

 

According to the Citizens Advice Bureau, as long as you stick to the Highway Code you should be ok.

Paul T will look into a report about an actual incident where a club was sued.  We continue to require real clarification.  We are loosing affiliation of clubs to BMF on the issue. A big problem we have serious concerns about.

 

Reports from Local Groups

 

Reports were received from:

 

Whitehaven – Terry Maxwell

Workington – Caroline Heaney

Furness – Mike Marsden

Clubs Liaison – Anne Crayston

Regional Rep – Brian Hodgson

 

 

Kendal Report – Claire pp Paul

 

Paul doesn’t have anything to report apart from the lack of attendees at Kendal meetings.

He is ready to put the Kendal group on hold and transfer any funds to the Cumbria Account.

 

Cumbria AGM

 

Minutes of the last AGM received by Brian, who will forward them onto us all.

Paul will bring signing in slips, voting slips, 25 copies of minutes, 25 copies of this years accounts.

Robin Straughan will be NC attendant and requires copies of the Cumbria Accounts.

Apologies received for the AGM: Claire, George, and Paul.

Mailshot has gone out, Carlisle area were informed about possibility of new meetings starting up, looking for a venue.

Workington informed that meetings have been suspended.

 

Cumbria MAG Products:

 

Anyone with Cumbria MAG products, please take to AGM for selling off.

Any suggestions for new products, discuss further.

 

PO Box? Discussed the possibility of paying 53 quid for 12 months.  Everyone thinks it’s a good idea and the secretary would be responsible.

 

General Discussion:

 

Re:  Streetbiker, any adverts should be emailed direct to Mutchie for now.

 

Into the Pink: Furness mag volunteered to help marshall.

                                Tickets distributed to various people for sale

 

 Workington:  OK with Terry to do meeting share and advertise Workington as now meeting at Lowther Arms

 

The Glowing Lamb?  Bri has received an email from Huddersfield offering volunteers to marshal should we resurrect the rally.  As it is, we don’t have a site anyway, and should we find one and decide we want to draft in external volunteers we’ll bear them in mind.  Will see how the Into The Pink Party goes and then re-discuss.

 

NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON WEDNESDAY 12TH NOVEMBER AT 8PM AT BROUGHTON CAFÉ.

 

Meeting closed: 10.10pm

 

BACK